Emily's class was learning about Fire Safety for a week. We made an escape route out of the house and she knows that she is supposed to dial 9-1-1 if there's a fire. The class took a walking field trip to one of the Fire Stations in La Verne. We got to check out the living quarters and their work station. They taught the kids a lot about what to do in case of a fire. They let them shoot the fire hose super far and gave them a detailed tour of every aspect of the fire truck. All the kids got to sit at the steering wheel of the fire truck and took pictures. (I didn't get any of that; I was fighting Joshua who wanted to get in the fire truck. But her teacher has some and I'll share them, if I can.)
Don't forget to check/change your smoke detector batteries when the time changes this weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment